It was fun to share my personal sobriety soundtrack. That music has been with me every day of this fight.
There’s also a dark side to music.
My depression and addiction had its own soundtrack. A few chords or a stray lyric from those songs and I’m imagining life in the gutter.
Today, I decided to face a few of those demons and make a playlist of those old drinking songs too.
I’d love to hear from you. Do you have certain songs that trigger your old addiction mindset (or even full-blown cravings)?
Leave a comment below to share your experience.
13 Songs That Can Wreck My Sobriety
- S.O.B. – Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats
- Until I Fall Away – Gin Blossoms
- Mr. Jones – Counting Crows
- One Headlight – The Wallflowers
- Losing My Religion – R.E.M.
- Hotel California – The Eagles
- Boulevard of Broken Dreams – Green Day
- Sweet Child O’ Mine – Guns N’ Roses
- The Salesman (Tramp Life) – White Rabbits
- Rudie Falls – White Rabbits
- Stuck – Norah Jones
- Ramble On – Led Zeppelin
- Bon Iver – Skinny Love