The following list of resources is a good starting point for anyone struggling with alcohol addiction. Leave a comment to suggest new resources. You can also subscribe to our blog and browse our guide to the 12 steps of AA.
- Alcoholics Anonymous and the online magazine AA Grapevine.
- SMART Recovery
- The Fix
- Recovery podcasts from Klen & Sobr
Personal Recovery Blogs
- Unpickled Blog has a good resource list
- List of 55 Recovery blogs
- Alltop list of blogs on Alcoholism and Addiction
- I wrote a post about some recovery blogs I enjoy
- Beyond the Influence by Katherine Ketcham and William F. Asbury (Amazon link) This was the book that convinced me that alcoholism is a real disease.
- Being Sober by Harry Haroutunian (Amazon link) This is the book that gave me the courage that I could change.
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg (Amazon link) Inspiring book about reprogramming those negative habits
- Stop Drinking Now and The Easy Way to Quit Drinking (my review) by Allen Carr